Kidney Stones are formed due to crystallization of specific minerals like calcium, phosphate, oxalate, etc., at the side of kidney line in the body. These deposits are found in different shape and sizes but are usually small and go unnoticed in the urine. They cause immense pain and trouble in the body as they obstruct the path of urine, which disables the body to pass the waste materials out of the body freely.
Kidney stone are very dangerous to a men as it leaves a person with lots of unbearable pain in his urinary gland and in kidney also. As it is known fact to all of us that the value of kidney in our body is at prime as it work as a purifier anything that we intake kidney work as fluid purifier and in this process minerals and salts are absorbs by the kidney which may sometime form a stone out of it in long run. As per an estimate, about 5% people experience Kidney stone during their life time.
Causes of kidney stones:-
- Excessive calcium intake.
- Poor fluid intake.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol & beverages.
- Excessive use of medicines rich in Vitamin D and Vitamin A.
- High intake of proteins from non-veg food items
- Working for long period in direct sunlight
- Excessive physical work
- Supressing the urge to pass stools
- Unhealthy Diet
- weight issue & no exercise
Types of stones:-
Symptoms of kidney stone:-
A kidney stone may not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureter — the tube connecting the kidney and bladder. At that point, you may experience these signs and symptoms:
- Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Persistent need to urinate
- Urinating more often than usual
- Fever and chills if an infection is present
- Urinating small amounts
- Bleeding through the urinary tract
- Blood in urine
Ayurveda View or treatment :-
According to Ayurveda, improper diet and lifestyle leads to aggravation of all three doshas and impairment of the digestive fire, causing formation of toxins (ama) in the body. These toxins travel down the channels carrying urine, where aggravated doshas combine with it, causing its crystallization and leading to the formation of kidney stones.
In ayurveda kidney is known by Varukka and stone by Ashmari and the combination of both is called Varukka Ashmari ,there are many beneficial herbal medication is available to cure the problem of kidney stone which ultimately facilitate in breaking the stones into a small tiny pecies and flush it out through urine. Secondly ayurveda recommend to increase the consumption of more watery vegetable and fruit and cucumber is a best one as per Ayurveda. As per ayurveda one view a person affected with kidney stone should consume plenty of water to get rid of it fastly as water helps in making pressure inside the bladder and helps to flush the stone out of the body through urination.
Diet & Lifestyle:-
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, cold drinks, pickles, fish, poultry, meat, spinach, and chocolate.
- Avoid sour, heavy, and dry food.
- Increase intake of liquids like water, juice, soup, lime water, etc.
- Be sure to drink enough water each day. Usually 1 to 2 liters of water per day is adequate.
- Drink more if you are perspiring heavily, working outdoors, the weather is hot, etc.
- Increase the use of barley, horse gram (a type of bean), ginger, and brown rice or parboiled rice.
- Avoid suppressing urges to urinate and defecate