Male Infertility refers to a male’s inability to cause pregnancy n a fertile female. Male Infertility normally relies on the quality & quantity of sperm of a man.If the quantity of sperm which he ejaculates is less or even if the sperm quality is poor, it becomes difficult or even impossible to cause pregnancy in female.These conditions can result from illness,infections,chronic health problems, injuries and/or environmental factors such as exposure to certain chemicals.
CAUSES OF MALE INFERTILITY:
- Low sperm count
- Poor sperm motility
- Birth defects
- Harmone problems
- Illness or Infections
- Medication side effects
- Injuries & Physical Trauma
- Lifestyle habits including Smoking drug use
SYMPTOMS OF MALE INFERTILITY:
- Problems with sexual function
- Pain, Swelling, or a lump in the testicle area
- Recurrent Respiratory functions
- Inability to smell
- Abnormal breast growth
- Having a lower than normal sperm count
- Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosomal or hormonal abnormality
TREATMENT OF MALE INFERTILITY IN AYURVEDA:
There is no satisfactory treatment of male infertility in allopathic treatment system, hence , ayurvedic treatment is most preferred for this condition. Ayurvedic treatment is completely free of any side effects. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs which are known for their effects in increasing the sperm count of the patients. These herbs have rich source of sperm enhancing factors that nourishes the Shukra Dhatu which increases the quality & quantity of sperm & increases the sperm count. It boosts the sex related hormones naturally and gives more vigour & vitality.
CAUSES OF MALE INFERTILITY ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
- Over indulgence in sexual activity.
- Excessive exercise & physical labour.
- Stressful life
- Spending a very laziness life.
- Improper diet & Hectic Lifestyle.
- Having intercourse very frequently and many times (5-6 times) in a day.
- Masturbation, oral or anal sex.
- Suppression of sexual urge.
- Having intercourse with undesirable partner.
- Spicy and fast food.
Reproduction in men and women is due to shukra dhatu. In men, shukra dhatu moves to the testes which in turn, is transformed into semen. For healthy conception, the quantitative and qualitative shukra dhatu is very important. Due to the above causes vata and pitta are arragravated. The dry, cold, thin quality of vata results in decrease semen and many problems like PE. Due to this, patient is unable to intercoarse properly and decreased sperms also leads to oligospermia.
Increased pitta results in burning sensation and excess heat also damages the sperms qualitatively and quantitatively. This futher results in oligospermia and azospermia.
All these conditions results in decreased shukra dhatu. Further when these doshas block the shukra vaha srotas shakra dhatu cannot function properly , resulting in male infertility.
DIET & LIFESTYLE :
- Nutritious food which is high in protien & low in fat such as whole grains, vegetables, dark chocolates, garlic, maca, walnuts, helps to increase sperm count.
- Reduce intake of caffeine
- Astringent, bitter & spicy foods must be avoided.
- Increase the intake of daily amounts of calcium & vitamin D. Drink plenty of water & fluids.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption & reduce stress level.
- Do regular exercise & reduce excess weight. Regular practice of yoga & meditation can keep your body & mind healthy.
- Wear loose & cotton clothes & avoid hot baths.
- Massage regularly to increase blood circulation that helps to increase semen quantity.